Click to find realtors in Caledon.
Related Article: Caledon Home Search, Things You Didn’t Think of
Related Article: Making an Offer to Purchase – Caledon Ontario
THINGS TO LOOK FOR WHILE VIEWING FROM
Caledon Real Estate Agents – One of the hardest things to do when looking for a home is to remain objective because it’s easy to fall in love with a home’s appearance, but it is also important to look beyond the outer layer because sometimes appearances can be deceiving, and here lies the benefit of using local Caledon real estate agents.
Here are some things to look for when viewing a home:
- General upkeep – is the home dirty or cluttered and are the lawns uncut? If the owner has not bothered to keep the house looking clean and attractive, what problems could be lurking below the surface?
- Water leaks – water rots wood, destroys foundations and leads to mould and mildew just to start. Re-shingling a house or repairing a cracked foundation can be very expensive. Look for stains, bulges and other signs of damage on ceilings and walls, loose crumbling grout around bathroom & kitchen tiles could mean leaking water. It takes an expert eye to find many water leaks so please feel free to bring a professional with you on our showing, or I can also arrange to commission a home inspection if the seller has not already provided one from a reputable company.
- Do things work? – where possible, test the lights, faucets, toilets, furnace, air conditioning, and all major appliances that will be included with the home sale and make sure everything is working as it should
- Floors – should be smooth, even and solid, otherwise, repairs may be needed and your Caledon real estate agents can help with a recommendation.
- Doors and windows – should fit snugly and operate smoothly. Look for flaked paint and loose caulking. Checking for drafts is always important
- Outside – walk around the yard looking for areas where water might collect. Soggy areas near the foundation indicate poor drainage
- Look for deep cracks in the foundations or loose mortar and bricks
- Be sure to bring a measuring tape if there are any large items that you want to ensure fit in your new home as doorways may not allow
Home is the nicest word there is. It’s not a place, it’s a feeling.
Realtors in Caledon can help sellers are contractually obligated to disclose all problems in their homes that they know about, HOWEVER, nothing can replace the expert opinion of a qualified home inspector. A qualified home inspector can give the home a thorough examination, checking heating and cooling systems, plumbing and electrical systems, the roof, attic, walls, ceilings, floors, windows, doors, foundation, basement, basically all visible structures of the home. They will point out the need for major repairs if necessary and identify areas that might need attention in the near future. Click if you’re interested in looking at properties in Caledon. What level of maintenance will be needed to keep the house in good shape, most home inspectors in the area are more than happy to tell you about the home’s good qualities as well, so you can decide if it is a good fit.